You wonder about the liberal media
Newsweek published an interesting article about the 2008 election, wondering aloud whether the United States was ready for black president or a female president. The article is here
It raises some interesting arguments and I always thought Jonathan Alter was a fairly good reporter, but Steve says that there is a lot more that we aren’t being told.
Despite John McCain’s almost unwavering support of the Iraq War he remains the media darling and with his sainthood and maverick status unchallenged, the media never gives an ill word about him. Newsweek conducted a poll about the possible 2008 contenders and DIDN’T PUBLISH THE RESULTS because poor John McCain and Rudy and all the other beloved candidates ARE BEHIND.
* Asked to choose between Hillary Clinton and John McCain, Clinton enjoyed a seven-point lead in the Newsweek poll, 50% to 43%. (Among self-identified independents, with whom McCain is supposed to excel, the two were tied at 45% each.)
* Asked to choose between Hillary Clinton and Rudy Giuliani, Clinton led 48% to 47%.
* Asked to choose between Hillary Clinton and Mitt Romney, Clinton is ahead 58% to 32%.
* Asked to choose between Barack Obama and John McCain, McCain’s lead was only two points, 45% to 43%, despite the fact that a far larger percentage of respondents said they weren’t very familiar with Obama.
* Obama trailed Giuliani by a similar margin (47% to 44%), and led Romney, 55% to 25%.
Now I’m not the biggest Hillary fan in the world, but this is the kind of reporting that would UNDENIABLY be reported if the results were different. Newsweek loves pumping up McCain and others, but if facts don’t match their praise…they just won’t publish it.